Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Marathon Training Day 1

Since I never really figured out a direction for this blog, I will turn it into my marathon blog/training log.

I decided not too long ago that running a marathon is on my "bucket list". I feel that it is one of those endeavors that if one calls themselves an athlete, they should be able to do. Also, I will be raising funds for a charity while I do it. I am currently thinking that it will be a anti-sexual violence org, or maybe something to do with human trafficking. I will have to look up some different organizations. If someone knows of a good one, let me know.

So I did a bunch of research, and then went to Fleet Foot, where they did a stride and fit analysis on me, and I bought a pair of Asics Gel Kayano-15's. Everyone that reviewed them, loved them. They are supposed to be good for a bigger guy like me. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Anyway, today was day 1 of my program. It starts very simply, and eases into the mileage. When you take into account that I considered 8 reps in the gym to be "endurance work" for the past 3 years or so, this is a good thing. Today was a 20 minute walk. It went well. I'm surprised that my legs are a little tired. Guess I really have been concentrating on explosive work.

Thats all. Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment